Have you thought of losing weight using the weight loss product called Wellbutrin? So, let us discover what Wellbutrin is, how to use it, and who can use this capsule.
Wellbutrin weight loss medicine facts
The chemical name of Wellbutrin is bupropion hydrochloride, which is also used as an antidepressant for the treatment of major depressive disorder and Seasonal Affective Disorder. The drug is known under different names such as Wellbutrin SR, Aplenzin, Wellbutrin XL, Forfivo XL, and Zyban.
What is the actual story behind Wellbutrin Weight Loss?
- Most of the antidepressants cause the body to gain weight. On the other hand, Wellbutrin helps in weight loss and helps people quit smoking and alcoholism.
- Wellbutrin should be taken orally. It causes the chemicals of the brain to behave in a certain manner as it increases the dopamine and norepinephrine levels specifically. Dopamine makes the person feel motivated.
- Norepinephrine prepares the body to take action according to the situation. It is also a hormone. When Dopamine and Norepinephrine act in combination, they positively impact happiness and well-being.
Wellbutrin weight loss- how does it happen?
This is the main point of discussion about how Wellbutrin works. Factually, Wellbutrin is not a weight loss drug that is not prescribed in that regard. It is not used for burning fat not it is an appetite suppressant. But significantly, there are three ways how Wellbutrin can help in losing weight.
- Appetite loss: This is a common side effect of Wellbutrin in prolonged usage. Due to this, the patients cannot consume the quantity of the food as they used to before.
- Active treatment for depression and its symptoms: Usually, depressed people are mostly obese rather than non-depressed people.
- Abstinence from alcoholic beverages: Many reasons for weight loss are actually not related to Wellbutrin intake. When the patient is taking Wellbutrin, he must not consume alcohol, and we know that alcohol combined with a high-calorie diet leads to weight gain. Therefore, we can infer that, as there is a restriction to alcohol, weight loss is seen, and this is not “Wellbutrin Weight loss.”
Who can use this medicine?
After you know that Wellbutrin is not a weight loss drug, you can try the natural weight loss tablets available in the market to get accurate results. This drug cannot be bought unless a doctor prescribes it. This medicine is actually prescribed to treat depression in patients by:
- Checking the malfunction of the body is to be addressed to the people who are depressed and also have a problem in losing weight.
- This drug is also given to treat issues connected to emotional eating, obesity, stress, and anxiety and control the food desires that lead to weight gain.
When should you not follow the Wellbutrin weight loss plan?
In case the below conditions are seen in a person, they must not follow the Wellbutrin weight loss technique:
- The dosage must not be increased or decreased by his or her choice.
- Dosage should never be increased or decreased depending on personal choice. The Wellbutrin weight loss is always around 2 to 10 percent of the body’s baseline weight before taking the medication.
Best techniques to be followed for successful Wellbutrin weight loss.
- Track your food using a journal to achieve great results.
- Take a balanced diet rich in vegetables and fruits that are high in nutrients.
- consuming more fiber in food suppresses appetite helping in weight loss.
- Exercise regularly to maintain physical fitness. This also helps to control depression and also helps in weight loss.
- Control your stress levels.
- Thyroid should function properly.
- Stop smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Hydrate your body by drinking a lot of water.
Wellbutrin weight loss or weight gain??
Sometimes, it is seen that Wellbutrin intake also causes weight gain. This medicine may show different effects on people with different conditions like sadness, anxiety, etc. Due to which some people would love to eat, or others may not eat at all. It was reportedly seen that in some cases, weight gain was seen. This may be due to the effect of Wellbutrin that people acquire a healthy lifestyle and a healthy appetite which will increase their weight.
How quickly do people gain weight if they are on Wellbutrin?
The patient can gain a total of 5 pounds after 6 months. The weight gain percentage depends on the patient’s original weight before starting the Bupropion medication. Wellbutrin can be taken with or without food, but the drug has possible interactions with the food components.
Wellbutrin can only be taken under a doctor’s prescription as this drug can interact with other medicines and can result in dizziness, dry mouth, and sometimes even death.
Is Wellbutrin Weight Loss safe or not?
- As Wellbutrin is well known for its effect on weight loss or weight gain, people choose to take it for gaining or losing their body mass as it controls food cravings.
- After prolonged usage, if the medication is stopped, a significant weight gain is seen as norepinephrine and dopamine react with each other.
- If it is taken as an antidepressant and during that time, if weight loss seems to happen, it doesn’t indicate stopping the medication.
- This drug is mainly taken as an antidepressant and also for help in quitting smoking. There is a chance for the person to lose weight, but in some cases, people gain weight too.
- The reason behind it is when the depressed people or the people who have withdrawal symptoms suddenly face these impacts, they tend to panic and eat, and mostly they consume food that may not be healthy, thereby gaining weight.
- When people are taking Wellbutrin to keep a check on their alcohol consumption, definitely, as a result, some weight is lost.
Wellbutrin weight loss stories and reviews
Most of the patients on Wellbutrin shared their review that they had significant weight loss. There are a lot of Wellbutrin weight loss stories and reviews from individuals who are presently using the medicine and from people who had used the medicine in the past. Some patients lost 10 pounds in the first six weeks of using the medicine, while others have reported losing over 11 pounds over one to two years, depending on the dosage. Some people have shared that they started following a healthy lifestyle and diet after taking Wellbutrin.
Thus, we can conclude that Wellbutrin weight loss is real, but we need to accept that it’s actually not designed for weight loss. It is a drug made up of potent and aggressive chemicals and should be taken only under the advice of a physician. But it is seen to lower the food cravings and helps to reduce the appetite.
The efficiency of this formulation of bupropion maintains the antidepressant response up to 44 weeks after 8 weeks of intensive treatment. However, the physician should check the effectiveness of the drug on each patient regularly.
Thus, Wellbutrin is firstly an antidepressant, and a drug that helps in quitting alcohol or smoking and also in the process helps the person to make healthy choices and helps balance their weight.
Leave a Reply