An Ipsos poll of the happiest nations found that the percentage of Indians who consider themselves happy or rather happy has dropped by 11 percentage points since 2019. Three main factors are driving this decline in happiness: digitization, the pandemic, and urbanization. The anxiety and stress levels have increased after the migration to cities
from rural areas. Also, the pandemic changed the Indian lifestyle. Mental health is one of the top health problems facing people in the country today. Mobility restrictions placed
everybody online, from children to working adults, and senior citizens. Social distancing measures have created greater feelings of loneliness. But some businesses have adapted, and have replaced social interaction with online interaction. Betting sites operating in India, for example, introduced life gambling tables, with real dealers. Also, all top betting sites operating in India give Indian players the possibility to have real-time online conversations.
But, for good and stable mental health, there are some useful tips.
Get plenty of sleep
Sleep helps the brain to function properly. The American Academy of Sleep Medicine recommends over 7 hours of sleep per night. While we sleep, the brain forms new ways to learn and remember all kinds of information. Restful sleep improves learning ability. Whether we learn math, how to play football or how to drive a car, sleep helps to improve our learning. Sleep also helps us focus better and be more creative.
Restful sleep has all kinds of benefits:
- Sleep stimulates immunity, a rested body is much stronger and can fight infections and colds
- Sleep maintains a healthy weight. People that sleep less than 7 hours a night tend to gain more weight
- Chronic sleep deprivation can lead to long-term mood disorders. Research has shown that many people with anxiety and depression sleep less than 6 hours a night
- Sleep prevents diabetes. People who usually sleep less than 5 hours a night have an increased risk of developing diabetes
- Men and women who do not get enough sleep have low libido and seem less interested in sex
- Lack of sleep for long periods is associated with high blood pressure
- Sleep stimulates fertility and increases the secretion of reproductive hormones
- Sleep improves memory, the brain processes and consolidates the experiences of that day
Every doctor and nutritionist will tell you to eat vegetables and fruits, but healthy eating also means having a healthy attitude toward food. Traditional Indian food can provide you the peace of mind you need to pass a bad day. Enjoy meals with friends and family, and keep in mind the size of your food portion is more important than the calories. Eat small food portions, but tasty ones.
Here are 5 traditional Indian foods that will remind you of your childhood:
- Masala dosas are famous not only in India but the world over. A good dosa is served folded in half and stuffed with potatoes. Hot sambar gives the dish a spicy edge.
- Chaat is one of India’s most delicious meals, a combination of diced potato, crispy bread, chickpeas, coriander, yogurt, dried ginger, and tamarind sauce.
- Dal makhani, the soup-like made by stewing small black lentils for hours
- Stuffed parathas are the best breakfast dish. Parathas can be stuffed with potatoes- aloo paratha, or stuffed with fenugreek- methi paratha
- Pani puri, or gol guppa, the perfect streetside snack, hollow deep-fried balls made of semolina or wheat
Avoid alcohol, smoking, and drugs
It is said that vices sum is constant, if you give one up, you pick up another. Actually, almost all the common vices have been discovered or invented before consumer goods. For example, the lottery has been invented long before the matches. That is why people find luck to be a very important part of life. Gambling makes you feel lucky, gives you a good spirit, adrenalin. All betting sites operating in India know they have to keep customers happy. But there are lots of vices, like alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs, that make you feel good but harm your mental health. Using alcohol or drugs for a long time can cause serious mental issues.
Those are the most often health and mental health problems related to alcohol, smoking, and drugs:
- High blood pressure and strokes
- Development of certain cancers
- Erection difficulty
- Low self-respect
- Pregnancy problems
- Feeling sick, cold, sweaty- withdrawal struggle
- Sudden mood changes
- A negative outlook on life
Get plenty of sunlight
The sun has an important impact on your health and body integrity
Sun therapy is called phototherapy and is the best treatment for certain diseases because it contributes to the multiplication of lymphocytes. Sun exposure, if controlled and protected, can treat diseases such as multiple sclerosis, acne, and various eczemas.
Here are some benefits for sun exposure:
- Some studies show that sun exposure helps reduce some specific symptoms of Alzheimer‘s.
- Sun exposure fights depression. The sun’s rays cause a discharge of endorphins in the body, making you feel happy and peaceful.
- Decreases the risk of multiple sclerosis
- Sun helps relieve psoriasis and acne
- 20 minutes of sun exposure is enough to take the equivalent of 1,000 international units of vitamin D
Stress management is possible based on a problem-solving plan that can prevent anxiety and depression. Some experts believe that the best way to manage stress levels is to develop and implement a problem-solving plan.
- Identify the stressful situation
- Rephrase the situation, look at it like a problem that can be solved
- Identify several solutions for your problem
- Anticipate the possible advantages and disadvantages of your identified solutions
- Choose a solution and implement it
- Evaluate the results and learn from your experiences
Activity and exercise
Sport can be very beneficial for mental health. Activity and exercise increase the level of serotonin and help reduce depression. Sport contributes to your well-being because it helps you sleep better, and also has a protective role on the brain. Exercise offer people with depression a new perspective on life. Getting involved in sports activities gives people a successful feeling. Physical activity reduces stress reactivity, through a biological brain mechanism. Pick a sport you like, and try the daily practice. Soon you will feel like winning the higher price on the best betting sites in India.
Traffic, congestion, air pollution, triggers health complications, and anxiety. Also, sleep, traditional healthy meals, sports, walking in sunlight, and positive thinking remove anxiety and depression. Make sure you take care of your health, and from time to time, have fun. If you can not meet with your friends, get in touch with your favorite life dealers on the best betting sites in India.