It is often necessary to register an elderly person in a nursing home due to their inability to take care of themselves.
Care for the elderly in a nursing home, GalaxyHomeCareNY
Not always close people can devote time and leave work to take care of elderly relatives.
The main task in the process of registration in a nursing home is to decide how to choose the right institution. This way you can get long term healthcare insurance via GalaxyHomeCareNY. After all, state-type institutions regularly have bad reviews about their work due to insufficient attention to their guests and lack of good living conditions. Although this option has such a plus as free registration, you should be aware of its disadvantages. More comfortable living conditions and simple registration are offered by the network of private boarding houses for the elderly GalaxyHomeCareNY.
Geriatric boarding house or nursing home?
The main difference between a geriatric boarding house and a nursing home is that the former is an institution that has a good material base and can provide comfortable living conditions. Financing state homes for the elderly comes from the budget, so they do offer not very modern rooms for settlement. It typically happens that the rooms are overcrowded with guests. Also, the menu may not be varied enough. The living conditions in a boarding house and a nursing home differ in that the first one provides a wider range of services. The boarding house for the elderly is designed for both short-term and long-term accommodation of guests. Nursing homes are usually designed for permanent residents of elderly people with the registration of residence.
Advantages of a private home for the elderly
GalaxyHomeCareNY nursing home offers the most comfortable living conditions for the elderly.
The advantages of institutions of this type include:
- Ease of registration. You can register in a private boarding house faster and easier than in a state nursing home. There is no need to wait for several months to settle in. Also, you will not need a large package of documents to apply.
- Comfortable living conditions. Private institutions provide spacious rooms that are renovated and have all the necessary furniture. Public institutions have small rooms for guests to settle in.
- Fast settlement. In private boarding houses, there is no queue to check into rooms. You can book a room by phone or on the website.
- Medical care. Medical care is provided to all categories of residents, including the seriously ill. There is a possibility of rehabilitation. Massage and physical therapy sessions are held. The medical staff is highly qualified.
- Leisure. A varied leisure program is offered. Concerts, evenings, and contests are held.
- In private boarding houses, much attention is paid to the psycho-emotional state of the residents. If necessary, the assistance of a psychologist is provided.
What documents are required for registration in a nursing home?
When registering in a state nursing home, you will need the following package of documents:
- certificate from a psychiatrist;
- medical card;
- Disability certificate (if any);
- certificate of pension payments.
To register a private boarding house, you will need a smaller package of documents.
You will need to provide:
- medical card;
- psychiatrist’s conclusion.
Registration in private institutions takes place without the need to collect numerous documents.
What things are needed?
When entering a nursing home, an elderly person may have personal belongings with them.
An elderly person is recommended to take them with him:
- Clothes for staying in the boarding house and for walks.
- Underwear, socks, and clothes for sleeping.
- Shoes, including for walking.
- Scarves, hats.
- Toothpaste, brush, soap, shampoo, and washcloth.
- Shaving accessories for men.
- Cosmetic products.
The future guest can take with them his photos, books, favorite things, and a mug. If you have any questions about whether it is allowed to take a certain thing with you, you can talk to the administration of the boarding house.
How to persuade an elderly person if they do not agree?
If an elderly person does not agree to live in a boarding house, it is necessary to explain to him that this institution will provide professional care and comfortable conditions. Often such disagreement is associated with the fear of being in a difficult situation. Also, not all elderly people are ready to live in a boarding house permanently. It should be explained that short-term accommodation is possible in private institutions. It is important to achieve interaction with a loved one because the settlement should be voluntary.
Elderly care in the GalaxyHomeCareNY nursing home
GalaxyHomeCareNY Private Nursing Home provides elderly people with the opportunity for short-term or long-term stays in the institution. We offer comfortable conditions, spacious rooms with furniture and TV, and full meals. Registration of the boarding house does not take much time.
If you want your loved ones to be under professional medical supervision and at the same time they would be comfortable, like at home, we advise you to contact the GalaxyHomeCareNY nursing home for the elderly. Call or leave your application on the website. We will be able to take care of your loved ones.
Advantages of private nursing homes
It is a mistake to think that in a nursing home, people feel abandoned and lonely. On the contrary – sometimes private nursing homes are the only way to fill the life of an elderly person with positive emotions and proper care. Torn between work and family, many people can not find the time and energy for special care for elderly relatives. And trusting professionals is the best solution for many reasons:
- Constant medical monitoring. Regular tests can be carried out in the boarding house, and doctors will be available around the clock.
- You can always come and visit your loved one. Our doors are open to all visitors – you can bring gifts, take a relative to family celebrations, etc.
- Regular walks in the fresh air. It is important not to lock a person in four walls. On the territory of the boarding house, there is a beautiful park where patients can spend a lot of time.
- Comfortable conditions. All rooms are modern and renovated. These are not old hospitals with shabby walls and dirty toilets. In a private boarding house, your loved one can feel at home.